With a circulation of over 70,000, the Erie Times-News is based in Erie, PA and is owned by Times Publishing Company.
In the last 3 months of 2005, the Erie (PA) Times-News generated more than $500,000 in incremental advertising sales
- “Do not call lists” negatively impacting circulation
- Lack of visibility into sales performance – inability to properly analyze single copy sales, subscription “no pays”, customer retention and other information
- Productivity suffering from managers spending too much time looking for information
- Budget and track sales results for advertisers and compare to budget on daily, weekly and/or monthly basis
- Track financial performance of circulation and advertising highlighting budget variances
- View customer retention by sales channel, subscription offer and other characteristics
- Quickly analyze customer information like new subscriptions, customer defections, complaints, renewals, etc.
- Improved ability to highlight the value of the newspapers readers to advertisers
- Expecting an additional $1 million in advertising revenue during 2006
- Non-pay subscriptions declined and single copy sales increased Advertising and circulation managers make better and more profitable decisions