Needs and Requirements:
One of the tasks of the Ministry is to support activities related to sport and tourism through the provision of financial grants. The grant may cover different areas of the office, such as creation of sports stadiums and sports halls, organizing sporting events, etc. Grantsare provided through various funding programs and are carried out by the relevant departments of the Ministry.
Within each program, potential beneficiaries can submit applications on the basis of prepared application forms, which are then reviewed by employees of the Ministry.
In the case of a positive decision, the corresponding contract is signed and financing begins which may be distributed over time and paid intranches. Reporting is needed during all stages of the financing. At the end of the project, the contract is settled.
Situation before Deployment:
Application forms were previously prepared as Word or Excel documents and then published on the Internet. After filling-in an application form and related attachments, beneficiaries were sending them both electronically and simultaneously through regular mail with wet signatures.
Some Ministry departments implemented systems to support the application process and subsequent reporting, but they supported only individual financial programs and could not be used to support the entire Ministry. Also, their design did not allow for dynamic changes in the application form content by Ministry staff. The programs also required the work of external contractors in order to function properly.
Lack of a uniform application support system meant producing reports required a labor-intensive manual preparation of data from multiple disconnected sources.
Solution: MS Windows Azure + AMODIT + Panorama Necto
In order to meet end-customer needs, the AMODIT System was selected. AMODIT was extended with mechanisms for handling external users, which support both the application process, and further work flow within the Ministry.
Another key AMODIT feature is the application of dynamic modeling methods that allows for mapping diverse needs and differences between programs and departments.
The system consistently stores data according to protocols for the whole Ministry. The system is also able to gather all data from the documents that have been marked “Important” by Ministry staff. The related cases mechanism allows easier handling of annexesor other contact-related documents.
An important part of the solution is a built in Business Intelligence tool based on Panorama’s Necto. Necto is the industry’s first socially-enabled BI solution that offers a new way to connect data, insights, and people in the organization. It represents a new generation of BI solutions that enable the Ministry to leverage the power of Social Intelligence and to gain insights more quickly, more efficiently and with greater relevance.
Using Necto, decision makers in the Ministry can locate key performance indicators, analyze and recognize trends and data anomalies and proactively allocate the needed attention and resources for issue resolution.
In addition, consistent data modeling and use the mechanism of Necto allows the creation of complex reports without the need for time consuming manual data processing.
- Defining a form as a Microsoft Word or Excel document or as a web form makes work processes simpler.
- Automatic creation of structures in the database based on Office documents lets users focus on forms rather than the technical concerns.
- Predefined procedures in conjunction with learning new tracks makes the launch of the new procedure very simple. There is no need to include all variants of the procedure, because it will be automatically extended if necessary.
- Necto provides a simple an intuitive analysis environment to business users and analysts alike. With advanced collaboration and social capabilities, time to action can be dramatically shortened. Users are guided to the relevant data and suggested content that will impact their decision making.
- The additional integration of Azure, Microsoft’s cloud-based application platform provides scalability, where system performance can easily be increased as required.
- One tool can support the unique programs of different departments, including integration of those developed in the future.