“Business Intelligence is a fundamental element of our competitive advantage. By providing our team with the necessary data, our strategy and planning processes are now more ‘intelligent’ than ever. With excellent visibility of our sales and product performance, we are now better placed to offer enhanced services to our customers and yet improve our financials.” John Jaccarini, Director, Prohealth.
Prohealth is a leading distributor in the health care industry, responsible for the marketing, sales and distribution of various major brands including La Roche Posay, Vichy from L’Oréal (France), Ursapharm (Germany), Galderma (Switzerland), Italchimici (Italy), PIAM Pharmaceutici (Italy), GAMA Healthcare (UK), ROWA (Ireland), Salus Haus (Germany), Laboratorios Kin (Spain), Le Maître (USA), Medel (Austria) and others.
The company seeks to position itself to meet the challenges and opportunities of the ever-changing market environment. Prohealth has strategically been through an internal reorganization of roles and responsibilities. Its aim was to enable the company’s employees, at all levels of the organisation, to be able to take decisions based on enhanced information and be proactive in identifying new business opportunities and overcome challenges. Prohealth clearly understands the business benefits of data and knowledge use across the organisation and decided to apply Business Intelligence tools to address the needs of the company. Prohealth’s information needs require a solid foundation and Business Intelligence is seen as a cornerstone of this foundation. The organization was seeking to involve and engage all key users and stakeholders from the early stages of the Business Intelligence adoption. This was achieved through a thinking process starting from directors, brand managers, sales teams and pharmaceutical representatives.
The project scope addressed sales, budgets, inventory and debtors in order to provide a holistic view of the business. The solution consists of a data warehouse framework developed by PTL Ltd and Panorama Necto® as the advanced analytical tool. The Business Intelligence solution provides the analytics necessary to visualize sales and profitability by brand, sales representative, area and pharmacy, giving an up-to-date, accurate picture of the business. The drill-down capabilities provide the user with the ability to view data and information in more detail and from different points of view, which greatly enhances the users’ understanding of the data and the reasons behind the figures.
The solution is proving to be an invaluable tool for brand managers and sales teams, enabling them to manage sales performance vs budgets. The compilation of sales reports would usually take a considerable amount of time in order to collate sales data from ERP and budgets in Excel, leaving precious little time to analyse and identify trends. Today employees have sales data and a complete set of KPIs at their fingertips on a daily basis, empowering them to take proactive decisions to respond to dynamic market behavior. Business Intelligence also offers support to manage the launch of new products. It monitors market penetration through ‘before and after’ analysis and it also enables us to measure take-up by pharmacy and area over a given period.
Instant reporting and analytical capabilities:
- More information and actionable insights: users are able to drill down into KPIs and financial details for greater visibility into their customers, sectors and profitability; Saving precious hours from having to generate manual reports.
- User independence: users have access to explore data and create work boards to suit their information needs.
- Improved communication, providing executives with relevant, actionable information.
- Decision-making processes have been delegated by providing people with the right information and empowering them to take informed, up-to-date decisions.
Key Success Factors
- Top-down approach, ensuring that all levels of the organisation adopt Business Intelligence as part of their thinking process. Starting from Directors, brand managers, sales persons and medical representatives– leading by example.
- Top-level sponsorship, providing clear direction of the Business Intelligence project supporting Prohealth’s strategy for Vision 2020.
- Involvement and engagement of key users from the early stages of the project, creating a sense of ownership.
- Central suite of work boards to provide a solid foundation for reporting and analytics.
- Integrity and quality of the source data has led to more accurate information being available for decision making capabilities.
“It was critical for Prohealth to get this project right, the first time. PTL Ltd offered the security and business acumen which gave us the comfort that this strategic project would be a success. The key requirements were ease of use, industry knowledge, analytical capabilities, and peace of mind. PTL ltd was committed to this project from the very start. When we reviewed the overall package, we felt that with PTL we were in safe hands.” Andrew Spiteri Willetts, Financial Controller, Prohealth.
What are the benefits of working with PTL and Panorama Necto?
- Single source of the truth – mash up data easily from multiple sources and tap into a single source of the truth for intuitive data discovery.
- Business analytics – giving power to executives to slice/dice, create exceptions, present insights making data analysis an intuitive process.
- Self-service – empowering information workers to become self-sufficient by designing and deploying their own analytical reports giving access to critical data.
- Intuitive user experience – dashboards picturing a holistic view of what is happening in your business – the first step to making smart business decisions.
- Data discovery and visualization – providing an information architecture that will enable the analyst to discover trends by using graphic visual representations of information (infographics) to present complex information quickly and clearly in a ‘business story’ everyone can understand.
- Mobile – allowing professionals with access to their data and advanced business intelligence capabilities on the go.
- Collaborative – embedding the power to connect with colleagues into every level of the decision-making process.
- Suggestive – automatically suggesting to business users where insights can be found, while presenting information in visual, clearly understandable terms.
- Governed – a single web interface and point of governance to manage data.